Bed Safety & Comfort at Home
Our bed side safety rails, grab bars, and other bed safety and comfort items can help aid in sleeping safely and getting in and out of bed easily. At Affordable Medical Supply, we offer the largest selection in Colorado Springs. Not only do we have one of the largest inventories, but we also offer the most competitive pricing. We want to make getting in and out of bed as easily and safely as possible, which is why we supply a wide variety of bedroom safety products.
We care about each individual and your needs and we strive everyday to accommodate those needs. Do you have questions on the best bedroom safety supplies for your personal needs? Contact Us today and work with one of our experienced staff members to make sure you get exactly what you need. Please see below for a look at some of our most popular bed safety and comfort items that we keep in stock:
Bed Safety Rails & Standing Support
The Stander 8000 EZ ADjust Bed Rail is one of our most popular bed safety items. The adjustable length allows for use as a half rail (at 26" length) for getting in and out of bed or use as a full rail (up to 42" length) during sleep for fall prevention. This rail also folds down and out of the way when not in use.
- Width of Rail: Locks in place at 26”, 34” & 42” after installed on bed
- Fits mattress thickness of: 12” - 18”
- Height of Rail: 23” high from the base of mattress
- Gap Between Rails: 3”
- Weight of Product: 14 lbs
- Bed Type: Attaches to any home or many common adjustable beds with included Safety Strap
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Assembly: Installs in minutes with 4 bolts and Allen Wrench (Included)
The Stander 5850 Mobility Rail has an extra pivoting arm to provide extra support while walking or transferring to a wheelchair. The legs that extend to the ground for extra stability while standing, and the half-size bed rail prevents nighttime falls.
- Height adjustment from ﬂoor to top of handle: 31”- 44”
- Height adjustment from mattress base to top of handle: 17.5” - 22.5”
- Fits mattress thickness of: 8” - 18”
- Rail width: 18”
- Height range from the ﬂoor to horizontal support structure under - mattress: 13.5”- 21.5”
- Depth of horizontal support structure under mattress: 20”
- Mobility Arm: swings out 19” away from bed
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs
- Weight of product: 10.5 lbs
- Made of: Steel frame with durable powder coat ﬁnish
- Fits Mattress Size Of: 8” - 18”
The Stander Bed Cane is a great option for those who don’t need full-fall protection - but might need extra support in getting in-and-out of bed. It comes with an organizer pouch to keep handy items close by and easily folds down for travel.
- Support Handle - Non-slip cushion handle makes it easy to get in-and-out of bed
- 4-Pocket Organizer Pouch - Convenient storage to keep handy items close by.
- Reversible - Can be placed on either side of the bed.
- Safety Strap - Secures the bed rail to the bed frame.
The Stander Security Pole & Curve Grab Bar makes it easy to stand from a bed, couch, or toilet. It is tension mounted so it can be placed anywhere in the home - no screws or bolts required. The Curve Grab Bar has 4-Handgrips that make it easy to climb to a standing position – and because the grab bar rotates 360 degrees – you can move the grab bar out of the way when not in use.
- Materials: Rust resistant zinc plated steel with durable powder coat finish
- Fits Ceiling Heights: Range of 7’-10’ ft
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
We have access to all of the Stander Standing Support and Fall Prevention items. Click Here to see the full product offering.
Convoluted Foam "Egg Crate" Style Mattress Covers
This soft foam bed pad will make your bed a more comfortable place to be. The sculpted foam helps to evenly distribute your weight and improve air circulation, reducing the stress on pressure points. Great for use on hospital or regular beds. Unroll the pad and allow it to sit for several hours or overnight until it expands to its maximum size. 4" x 33" x 76" (2" & 3" Also Available)
Alternating Pressure Pad Mattress Overlay w/ Pump
- Bubble style pad effectively reduces pressure to help prevent skin breakdown & pressure sores
- Automatic 5-minute cycle alternately inflates and deflates
- Heavy gauge, medical grade vinyl is easy to clean, flame retardant and anti-bacterial
- Pump mounts to bed with built-in mounting bracket and features an illuminated on/off switch
- Available with standard fixed pressure pump or deluxe variable pressure pump
- 275 lb maximum weight capacity
- Latex Free
- 78" x 34" x 2 ½"
Bed & Patient Alarms
Bed Alarms & Patient Alarms are designed to alert the caregiver when a person attempts to exit from a bed, wheelchair, or other seated position. The alarm sounds when weight is removed from the sensor, placed onto a sensor, or a connection that is attached to the patient is disconnected. There are a variety of sensors and alarms available for different patient needs. Please note that these alarms may not be suitable for some "High Fall Risk" patients. Please contact us for additional item specifications.
- Mattress & Chair Pad Sensors
- Floor Mat Bed Exit Sensors
- Wireless Infrared Movement Sensors
- Patient Clip Sensors
- And More.....
Bed Wedge Pillows are used for a variety of different reasons. We stock the 3 most popular configurations and have access to many more!
- Our Bed Wedge Pillows are 24" x 24" Square and either 7", 10" or 12" tall at their highest point.
- Come with a removable and washable BLUE zippered cover
- Can be used for raising the head during resting or sleep
- Can be used to raise the feet and lower legs
- Can be used to support the lower back while sitting up in bed
Please keep in mind that we also sell and rent fully electric hospital style homecare beds if that would better suit your bed safety and comfort. Contact us today so that we may help you find exactly what you are looking for.