Bathroom safety is an incredibly important part of your continued independence, safety, and comfort. Making simple changes in your bathroom may save your life.
One in three adults over the age of 65 fall each year.
80% of these falls occur in the bathroom.
Falls are one of the leading causes of death in adults over 65.
Affordable Medical Supply prides itself on carrying bathroom safety equipment that can help you stay safe during your daily hygiene and personal care routines.
We want to ensure you have everything you need to make your bathroom a safe and accessible environment. Let our experienced and knowledgeable staff address your needs and provide the best solutions, tailored specifically for you or your loved one. The items shown below are just a sampling of the items we carry and have access to. Please contact us if you do not see what you are looking for. We are always happy to help! These are just some of the more popular manufactures that we carry:
Click Here to see a Bathroom Products Overview from Nova for additional item information.
If you (or your loved one) have difficulty getting up or down from a chair or couch then it is probably just as difficult to sit down on and rise up from the toilet. An elevated (raised) toilet seat decreases the distance between you and the toilet which reduces the amount of strain on the hips and knees while sitting and standing.
Elevated Toilet Seats
- Round & Elongated Styles
- Add 3 1/2" - 5" Additional Height
- Locking Available
- With and Without Arms
Toilet Support & Safety Rails
- Bolt directly to the toilet bowl for additional stability
- Use with or without a raised toilet seat
- Height & Width Adjustable
- May be used bedside, as safety rails, and/or as a raised toilet seat
- Convenient Commode Liners are available for easy clean up
- Bariatric Capacity Available
Grab Bars & Rails
Stepping into or out of a wet and/or slippery area is an accident waiting to happen for many seniors. Using the towel rack, toilet paper holder, shower curtain, soap dish, or the sink for support and leverage is very dangerous as these items are not meant to support your weight. Grab bars offer a safe and attractive way to provide the support and leverage needed while keeping you safe.
- Available in 12", 16", 18", 24", and 32" lengths
- Available in White & Chrome Finishes
- Bathtub rail
- Floor to Ceiling Rails Available
Bathtub & Shower Safety
Getting into and out of the bathtub or shower can be very difficult for people with physical limitations. We offer a wide variety of shower chairs, benches, transfer benches, and more to assist you with your bathing needs.
- Available with and without a back
- Available with and without arms
- Padded and non-padded options are available